Nature's Geometry: Succulents

My eighth grade botany teacher in Kingsville, Texas, in 1968 got me interested in cacti and succulents, and there's been no turning back.

In 2019 I finally wrote a book about one of my fascinations in cacti and succulents, nature's geometry.


With a pretty cool book (if I do say so myself), it was fairly easy to get on the speaking circuit for cactus and succulent clubs throughout the United States. Prior to the pandemic, I had spoken to Palomar Cactus & Succulent Society, Visalia Succulent Club, and San Gabriel Valley Cactus & Succulent Society. I was scheduled to speak to seven more, including Tucson, Arizona, and Atlanta, Georgia. All were canceled as Covid-19 wreaked havoc on the nation.

Although not everything has returned to normal, I spoke to the Long Beach Cactus Club (the nation's oldest cactus/succulent club) on July 11, and I will be speaking at the Tucson Cactus & Succulent Society on Thursday, October 7, at 7:00 p.m.

I use the Fibonacci sequence of numbers to explore nature's geometry, a sequence which creates circles, spirals, squares, stars, triangles, and more.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars & George Lucas urban legend

Why would they want to fix it?